- Last Hope Ranch
- Kinnison Legacy
- Kindle Worlds
- Back List
Thursday, August 20, 2009
My first ever blog award!
Woo hoo! What a great way to start out the day by receiving a blog award! This one was graciously bestowed upon me by my friend, Emily Bryan!
My thanks to her for making me get my brain in gear this morning here at the House of Muse!
Let's see, game rules are: I'm to name seven fav things, then pass it on to seven other blogs I enjoy!
Which should be very easy since I'm about half way through my 25 day blog tour! ;)
Gosh, narrowing ones fav things down to only seven is much tougher than you'd think...
1. Family: Without a doubt they are my support team and I am theirs. My kids have had the good fortune to forge close family ties with each other-amazing that four kids with a wingspan in ages truly like each other and get on well. Is it any wonder that the one I thing I crave is all of us around the dining room table. The laughter and dialogue that ensues is priceless!
2.Friends:From the ones fired since childhood to those since-friends are the rock of your sanity, the shoulder to cry on, the one you know will celebrate your achievements as much as you do theirs. Lucky am I , to know such magnificent people in my life.
3.Morning Quiet/Evening Sunset: My two favorite times of the day. A cup of coffee on my front porch as I watch the early morning walkers in my neighborhood or laying in my hammock and watching a gorgeous pink and purple ribboned sunset. It's like a spa for the brain.
3. Music: How it can evoke a memory, inspire creativity, calm the fray, nurture the soul--I have an eclectic taste in music and it is as vital to my writing as my black Bic crystal pens...
4. Road Trips: Every fall, my dh try to strike out on a road trip to catch the fall leaves. I always try to go north toward the Great Lakes;) The lakeshore drive along the Superior shore is absolutely breathtaking in the fall. Visits to the small towns along the way, finding the best pie at a mom and pop diner,or being able to stop to take pictures of a bronze covered forest. There is so much to see in this country , so much beauty and history. I wrote about a recent road trip I took with my family this summer-you can catch up with the itenerary on my website to read about all the fun places we visited!
5.The Great Lakes: My dh swears I was a lighthouse keeper in another life. I can remember one overcast day at Whitefish Point in the UP of the Lakes,walking alone to the tip of where the land emptied out into the lakes. As far as you could see was this dark green-grey churning water. Behind me on a hill stood a grove of majestic tall pines above a stretch of sand and rock beach. I could have stayed there for hours. I feel that way every time I look out on one of the Great lakes.
6. Change of Seasons: When I stop to think which season I love the most, I am stymied. The beauty of Spring, blossoming after the white death of winter, the lush green of summer and the smell of fresh mown grass, the brilliant color palette of fall and a crisp autumn morning, and the reverent silence of a winter snowfall. Each one tempts me for the next. Perhaps its the anticpation of change, growth or its the memories assoicated with each season that involve some of my 'other' favorite things;)
7. Random Acts of Kindness: The unexpected helping hand, the kind smile, the offer of support, or the ordinary person stepping up to face the extraordinary circumstance. It restores my faith in humankind and reminds me of how much good there still is in this world.
Now according to the rules, I am to nominate seven other blogs to receive this award!
1) Romance BookWyrm: My friend Amy's reader blog- a great guide for readers!
2)Caridad Pineiro's Blog New diggs make my friend Caridad's blog even more fun to visit!
3) RT Faery court blog-designed by the brilliant Sahara Kelly! Come play with the fae!
4)Beth Ciotta's Blog -a more genuine dear soul and talented writer you will not find!
5) Happily Ever After this woman has won more awards and all deserved!
6.) Isn't it Romantic- A new friend in Italy! Truly the love of romance reading is international!
7. Genella deGrey My friend Genella's beautiful website
There are so many wonderful blogs that I could make a list the length of my arm!
My thanks to Emily for the kind nomination! Have a wonderful day everyone!
If you have a moment, please stop in over at another fantastic blog: Love is An Exploding Cigar for the TORTURED blog stop today!
May the wind be at your back~